DGBBC Senior Scholarship Requirements
The Dawson Girls Basketball Booster Club distributes scholarships up to $500 for all eligible girls' basketball player in the spring of their senior year. Scholarship application packets are distributed after winter break.
Purpose of the Scholarship:
The purpose of the scholarship is to recognize student leadership potential, achievement in scholastics and to foster enthusiasm for learning by encouraging success through the pursuit of higher education.
The DGBBC will award scholarships to assist selected students with tuition, fees, books and on-campus room and board. Payment will be distributed directly to the institution upon verification of enrollment. This is a one-time, non-renewable scholarship awarded to student-athletes.
Athletes that have received a full athletic scholarship to any college or university are NOT eligible to receive an award from DGBBC. The following requirements must be met by the April 1 of the student's senior year.
Family: (verified by DGBBC board members)
- Family membership in DGBBC for each year of Dawson High School girls' basketball participation*
- Family volunteer to work concession stand at least 2 times a season for each year of participation in the DHS girls basketball participation*
- Be a traditional college student entering a four-year college or university, junior college, trade school or community college and be enrolled full-time
- GPA of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (supplied by Dawson High School counselor)
- Completed community service in at two DGBBC approved community events each year of Dawson High School girls' basketball participation
- One letter of recommendation from either a teacher, school advisor, community service organization or employer
- Completed application by designated deadline
- Returned all equipment, uniforms, etc. that belong to the program and/or have paid for all lost items
Eligibility Make Up Guidelines:
- A student who fails to meet the requirements for any given year will have the opportunity to "make up" ONE year by any of the following methods:
- Family may purchase one additional DGBBC membership in a later year
- Family may volunteer for up to two additional DGBBC volunteer events in a later year
- Student may participate in up to two additional DGBBC community service events in a later year
Congratulations to these 2021-2022 Eagle Athletes